Leading interior fit-out specialists choose Summit.
Chessington based fit-out specialists Beck Interiors choose Summit.
Cahalane Brothers Ltd choose Summit ERP
Dunmanway based contractor implements Summit to support growth.
A conversation with Electract Limited
We asked Electract’s Finance Director Richard Malpas about his experience of using RedSky’s Summit accounting system.
|I'd like to:
The Summit solution portfolio
The Summit solution manages the complete construction process from Tender to Completion, so on this page have described the solution in terms of this flow.
Click on the links below to jump to that part of the workflow or scroll down the page.
Summit also covers specialist areas
- Full Estimate production, comparisons and libraries available
- Import fully resourced estimates from other sources including Excel and Conquest
- Create revisions
- Rework estimates
- Compare estimates revisions
- Trade tagging, Subcontractor enquiry and comparisons
- Materials comparisons and enquiry
- Export & import from/to project planning tools including Microsoft Project and Primavera
- Buying lists based on project plan
- Variations register, status and pricing
- Supplier/Subcontractor management - Supplier/Subcontractor records, performance, certifications, price agreements
- Supplier and subcontractor selection
- Requisitions & order management
- Subcontractor orders & comparisons
- Plant orders, tracking and accrual
- Ability to email, use PDF, e-trading, fax or print
- Direct ordering to Contracts
- Ordering for site stores
- Ordering for central stores and subsequent issuing to Contracts
Managing owned or hired plant and ensuring maximum utilisation is another key challenge construction businesses face. Summit offers complete visibility of all plant, its type, charge rate and current location which helps avoid plant being left under utilised and therefore costing the business. Effective costing based on hourly/ weekly or timesheet charges means that each project takes account of plant charges for a more accurate view of project performance.
Undertaking construction projects with time and budget constraints requires an ability to closely monitor cost and value and provide performance management for your contracts. Summit integrates the Estimating, Commercial and Finance parts of your business to provide the detailed analysis that is required.
- Plant management - on hire/off hire
- 3 way Invoice match
- Subcontractor management
- Applications and invoices
Summit provides an integrated solution for Supply Chain Management including tendering, selection, evaluation and ordering through to contracts, performance monitoring, valuations and payments and CIS scheme compliance.
- CIS management
- Applications/ Certificates & Invoicing
- QS/ Accounts Approval workflow
Summit helps manage costs and reduce risk and time spent preparing valuations and producing accurate cost reports for CVR processes. With an integrated and real-time view of project progress and costs you are able to ensure that cashflow is controlled and variations claimed.
- Quick & Detailed valuations
- External Valuation and Application
- Internal for overvalue and subcontractor liability
- Subcontractor valuation and certificate
Monitoring & Reporting
Whether your role is operational and project based or within the central financial team, easy access to and analysis of business data is key to effective control. Summit is developed using the world’s leading database platforms; Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle - these are secure, scalable, reliable and powerful. Summit offers a range of enquiry tools to satisfy every level of user from simple web based enquiry on contract performance for operational teams to highly configurable industry standard reporting tools for detailed corporate financial analysis. Summit ensures you can report against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and configure reports to meet each client’s demands.
- Cost cut off
- Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR)
- Cost To Complete (CTC)
- Earned Value Analysis (EVA)
- Cost analysis enquiry by Resource, Activity and Account
- Contract Summary by tags e.g. type, sector, CM, QS
- Enquiry drill to source documents
Larger construction groups face the demands of reporting against many operating and divisional companies. Businesses need an enterprise view of financial performance and profitability and also have to meet Financial Reporting standards. More than ever, construction organisations need to have fully integrated and fully featured accounting solutions and the award winning Summit solution incorporates a choice of integrated options including Summit Financials.
- General ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Contract accounts receivable
- Cash book
- Subcontractors ledger
- Fixed assets
- Cashflow Forecasting
View overview of Summit General Ledger
View overview of Summit Accounts Payable
View overview of Summit Contract Ledger
View overview of Summit Accounts Receivable
View overview of Summit Cash Management
View overview of Summit FixedAssets
View datasheet on Summit Nominal Ledger
View datasheet on Summit Purchase Ledger
View datasheet on Summit Contract Ledger
View datasheet on Summit Sales Ledger
View datasheet on Summit Cash Book
View datasheet on Summit SubContract Ledger
View datasheet on Summit Fixed Assets
View datasheet on Summit Payroll
In addition to the workflow described above Summit contains specialist modules for sectors of the industry
Professional service providers need to be able to bill their time and fees efficiently, optimising their billing opportunities with complete visibility as to how the project is performing.
- Project Costing
- Web Expense and Time Capture
- Web Time and Fee Billing
- Web Dashboards
- Web Project forecasting and monitoring
- Integrated project enquiries with all other types of project content
- Core Summit financial accounting control
With services and buildings management becoming an increasing part of the construction industry’s focus, many businesses have a need to integrate their service, maintenance and FM processes into their core business solution. Summit offers a complete service and buildings management solution; managing calls, quotations, job allocation and final invoicing. By using the Summit Informate option your clients can review service level performance by logging onto a web page.
- CRM helpdesk and call centre
- Maintenance management
- Configurable workflows for Highways/ Utilities/ Buildings/ Housing
- Small works processing
- Engineer diary & stores control
- Location and Asset register
- Workflow process
- Cost to task, job or project
- Schedule of rates with configurable uplifts
- Flexible invoicing including Cost Plus, Profile billing, Consolidated invoicing
- Covers reactive & planned maintenance
- House type maintenance
- House type and Site estimating
- Site planning using Site mix
- Planning & scheduling
- Plot Valuations & subcontractor payments
- Housing sales
Content & Document Management
Xcipio is an award winning content management system that can help you manage information in an efficient and cost effective manner via a public website, extranet or company intranet. Informate gives you total control over the placing, sending and receiving of a wide range of information, including email, network files, external websites and business applications like Summit, thus greatly enhancing Knowledge Management within your organisation. Informate delivers enterprise content management, customer relationship management, task management and workflow, and is an access portal to release structured information from external systems through one easy to use interface.
- Content Management
- Contacts Management (CRM)
- Email repository
- Drawing Register
- Generic Enquiries/Graphing
- Business Alerting
- Built in interface to RedSky IT's xchange transaction hub
- Send orders directly to connected trading partners
- Non connected Suppliers recieve the orders by automatic fax from hub
- Recieve invoices directly into Purchase Ledger from suppliers connected to Tradex
Summit is built on an advanced platform portable technology that allow deployment on Windows Servers or Linux Servers, with a choice of Databases SQL Server or Oracle, with a choice of user interfaces Windows or Web.
- SQL server or Oracle
- Windows or Linux
- Windows interface or Web Interface
- Document imaging and file attachments
- Complete Desktop Integration for Microsoft Office
- Inbuilt Business intelligence and reporting tools
- Web Client technology - Run complete processes in a web browser/Client extranet access for Open Book contracts
- Drill anywhere capabilities
- Configurable user templates for all searches/ enquiries and posting views
- Offline Mobile working - Windows PDA’s
- Online Mobile working - iPhones & Blackberry devices
- User Customisable screens
- Advanced security down to field level
- Unlimited user defined fields
- XML gateways
- COM integration